In our case we will not celebrate holidays, but we will follow a topic. Each month we celebrate the Xamarin Month will have a different theme or topic. Because the February month is the base point for this initiative, our first theme is the Xamarin Month of love and friendship. Remembering that it was in February 2016 when Xamarin was bought by Microsoft.
Undoubtedly, one of the biggest advantages of XAMARIN is Microsoft. I think the best thing that has happened to Xamarin is that it is part of Microsoft ♥.
Within our Xamarin Universe community we have adopted this initiative in order to promote our love for this Xamarin. With this initiative we focus on enjoying new things with Xamarin every single day of the month.
In the same way, presenting one of our projects called Xamarin Universal Library where you can find all kinds of material related to Xamarin. It is a repository on GitHub that we invite you to use when you need something.
The dynamic is as follows: every day from day 1 to February 28, one (or two) blog post about Xamarin will be published (with a lot of ♥) by our amazin volunteers. Once the blog post is published, it will be available in the calendar below so that everyone can see it.
Let’s support this initiative and create the first Xamarin Month of the year. Now we only need volunteers who are ready to prepare an blog post about Xamarin and publish it on the selected date.
- Reserve a slot on Twitter (with hashtag #xamarin #xamarinmonth) or leave a comment on this post.
- Select a blog post topic about Xamarin (if you relate it to our topic would be much better ♥) for your blog and send it to me on Twitter or leave me a comment on this post.
- Prepare your blog post in English, in this case about Xamarin (You do not have to advertise your article until the day you booked).
- Add a link in your blog post that links back to here, so that your readers may find the complete Xamarin Month.
- Publish your blog post on the specified date (according to the calendar).
- Post the link to your blog post on Twitter with the hashtags #xamarin #xamarinmonth
Optional: add your blog post to the Xamarin Universal Library and be part of our contributors. All contributors to the community can show their Xamarin Universe contributor badge, more information in the repository.
Below are all the slots and/or people who have requested it. Once the calendar is full if someone wants to continue supporting this initiative, we will proceed to publish two articles per day.
Note: Following the topic is optional. Be creative we can add at least flashy titles that follow the topic. Although you do not necessarily have to follow the topic in the content.
The requests will be handled in order of arrival. In the same way, I have booked on February 24 for myself, for being one of the least desired days or so I think. February 14 is the day of love and friendship so is reserved for a post thatt follows our topic, then if you want that day you will have to show me your proposal with ♥.
It is not fair if I select the topic. What about if the community select the topic? Yeah 😎. If you want the day of love and friendship you need to follow the rules below.
- Select a blog post topic about Xamarin (need to relate it to our theme ♥)
- Publish it on Twitter (with hashtag #xamarin #xamarinmonth and #xamarinmonthfeb14)
- Follow the main Rules and starting in point 3.
Will win the tweet that community like the most ♥. This kind of competition will be open until January 31.
- Why I love Xamarin
- The new thing that Xamarin brings with love
- My experience in the Xamarin community: a million friends
- The most promising characteristics of Xamarin
- Xamarin loves us all
- Introduction to Xamarin Forms: know all the love that Xamarin has for you
- Why UnitTest is my best friend with Xamarin projects
I invite you to see my opinion on this topic and t...
Microsoft Learn, the new Microsoft learning platfo...
Opportunity to learn to develop mobile application...
Shell, Visual y CollectionView are the new feature...
A lot of people want to get involved in the mobile...
As 2018 comes to an end, we are ready for this 201...
I invite you to see my opinion on whether “I...
I’m Luis Matos from the Dominican Republic. I have +5 years working with .Net and +3 with Xamarin. I am passionate about automation and mobility. Currently, I’m a Software Operation Leader at Malla Agency.
I invite you to leave me your feedback about this post in the comment box. If you want me to talk about a specific topic or detail a few more topics, let me know. The most interesting topics will be added to my list of future posts.